Travel Plans

Take a journey with me.

Leave the achey backs, the busy schedules, and the teachers and parents who expect too much.  Leave the "friends" who do nothing but bring you down, the sighs and the worries, the sinking feeling you get when you feel like you aren't living. Leave all of the things that crowd your mind and heart... and breathe.

Let's take a journey (not a trip where we stay at one destination).

We could ride in expensive trains as the lighting fixtures sway and the chefs cook up exquisite meals in a small kitchen. We could spend the time reading, and trying to act sophisticated.




We could take road trips in a tiny car as we blast music with the windows down during the day, and listen to audiobooks in the evening. Be as touristy as we can with the fanny pacs, and the baseball caps, and the pictures in front of the important landmarks. Then sleep in the warm desert night.





We could explore a city underground. Analyze people on the subway silently. Wondering what type of person they are, and where they are going. None of them like to talk on the subway, but who knows if they are planning the rest of their busy day, worrying about someone, or daydreaming.





Lastly...we could fly. This is my personal favorite form of transportation. We could zoom past the moon and into the stars. Let's try our best to reach the end of space, and see if we can conquer time. If we can't, then at least we can turn around and look back at all of the other things we have been able to explore.





I know this should be more of an introduction to me, but in a way, this kind of explains a lot. I sometimes get too worried that I'm not reaching anything. That all this work I am doing is for nothing. However, every once in a while, I remember to look back and see how far I've come, and how much I have lived. I know I have lived by loving, and doing hard work, and listening to music, and making music, and praying, and crying, and sweating, and feeling pain, and feeling joy, and smelling beautiful smells, and laughing, and singing, and thinking, and pondering, and resting, and playing with my dogs, and breaking my arm, and writing, and traveling.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Visually appealing and makes me want to come and see what you have for us next! My favorite line is, "Let's try our best to reach the end of space, and see if we can conquer time." Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way good intro. Loved the whole beginning part, wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go on an adventure with you now. You seem cool.

    Also cool post/introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Idk I just love you.

    "Leave all of the things that crowd your mind and heart... and breathe."

    Remember that. I'll try to too.

    ReplyDelete