I have been waiting for you.


You look like a rockstar. Lightning slashing through your body, bright white light, shield your eyes, amazing. White hot, no one can touch you. But I have sunglasses on, and even though they make it so I don't go blind, I can't see your full beauty. I want to see your full beauty. I so desperately want to slam on the brakes and make a full 180 so I can drive with you forever. It makes me oh so sad, more sad than snow in June. Sad because my brakes are broken, and I don't know much about cars, and furthermore, I feel abandoned. But guess whose fault that is. me. me. Me. ME. me. I'm perplexed, and awkward, and sad, and angry, and abandoned, alone, forgotten. I guess I need to hitchhike. I've hitchhiked once in my life, and it went really well, and I just need to have faith. Faith that the person I hitchhike with isn't a murderer. Faith that I won't regret my choice. Faith that the car won't crash. Faith that the brakes will work. 

Take me back to you, and the lake. I need the fresh water to splash on my face, and to quench my thirst. I want to walk side by side with you. I don't want you to guide me, and I don't want you to follow in my footsteps. We are in this together, don't make me feel like this is my fault, and don't try to take all of the blame.


Let us keep memories to ourselves, just for us. Not post them on Instagram or even a blog for others to see, they will be personal that way. I've written about you before, and I probably will a thousand times. Maybe by pen or on a keyboard or on my heart, or wrist. I'm waiting to get to know your eyes, because then I will take a glimpse into your soul. I've dreamt about you. You look like a rockstar. Please let me join your band. 

5 comments:

  1. UH. I absolutely loved that post. I'm so so so glad you posted this. I refresh your blog constantly. 10/10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so the first time i read this I was like, "what" but I read it again and this time it gave me butterflies made me sick heart aching can't breathe kind of breathless.

    And I've never experienced that before when reading something again, so I guess you did something right.

    You are going to make some girl very lucky one day. Not many boys love the way you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You look like a rockstar. Please let me join your band."

    Uhhh, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I don't want you to guide me, and I don't want you to follow in my footsteps. We are in this together, don't make me feel like this is my fault, and don't try to take all of the blame."
    Mhmm
    Love it

    ReplyDelete