I vow never to grow up.

I will never sit still with a serious expression when I could be climbing trees and making silly faces. I won't go to bed early, but stay up playing night games, or reading a book with a flashlight under my blanket. I won't wear grey suits but rather have mud stained jeans and a ripped shirt. I will never be quiet, but I will always sing. I will look for the bare necessities and be fun and fancy free. I won't care what people think of me. I will never stop believing in magic, and dragons, and witches, and monsters, and fairies. 

When we were young, creativity was not only had, but seen, felt, heard, tasted, and smelled. I personally had too much creativity to contain in one body. I remember driving in the car to go Christmas shopping. I asked my mom if Santa would give me magic if I asked for it. She said that he probably wouldn't. On Christmas morning, I was sorely disappointed with what I got: a magicians set. I didn't want to learn tricks, I wanted to fly, and move objects, and read peoples minds, and create anything I wanted with a wave of a hand. But now that I am older, I know that things only come from hard work, which is important, but it still kind of sucks. 

But we don't have to grow up. Growing up is a choice. Here are some steps on how to stay a child: 1)Create 2)Be proud of what you have created 3)Imagine 4)Watch Disney movies 5)Believe in fairies 6)Think lovely wonderful thoughts

John Lasseter said this: "People who get into animation tend to be kids. We don't have to grow up. But also, animators are great observers, and there's this childlike wonder and interest in the world, the observation of little things that happen in life.

Life is too short, and the world is too big and there are too many curious things in the world not to continually be exploring. So do what kids do best, and explore.




3 comments:

  1. Growing up is for pirates.

    '"I don't want ever to be a man," he said with passion. "I want always to be a little boy and to have fun."'

    You chose a fitting name, Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in love with your energy and this.

    How ironic

    ReplyDelete