Sunday Night Revelations

We talked about why the things we like to read are mostly sad things.

We then came to the conclusion that we actually like to read things that are beautiful, but there is beauty in sadness.

I guess it seems more real.

But happiness is real too.

I know that it is.

I hope that it is.

No. I know that it is.


I know that it is because I have seen it in my mother's eyes. I have seen it in the hearts of people who have hope even though their world is Hell. I have smelled it in books, and heard it in songs. Happiness can be just as beautiful and real as sadness. 

Life isn't as happy as a big bar of chocolate, but it is beautiful.

7 comments:

  1. You are an eternal optimist, I think. That's really special. Never let go of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was happy. And I felt something. So yay for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I have seen it in the hearts of people who have hope even though their world is Hell." Felt that. I know it's true too. True beauty is happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Life isn't as happy as a big bar of chocolate, but it is beautiful"
    love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still trying to figure it all out too.

    ReplyDelete