The Lost Boy


The pages were doused with pixy dust. They left glitter in my hands and yours. Nothing mattered because we mattered. The lost boy was found and lost again. He climbed a mountain so he could look around but fell. Oh, I can't, your knees and face were torn, and your arm ached, and I tried to save you, but I can't.


Billowing in the wind, the sails flowed with the current, but I tried to stop them. I cut holes in the sheets of white, hoping they would keep you here, but you sailed away anyways. With the blood red sunset ahead, you sailed away from Neverland out to find yourself.


I hope you find yourself. I hope you find what you were missing was not something new, but something you already had. I hope you find pearls found deep in the ocean and leave the diamonds in the hill. I hope you find yourself the way that I found you.
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment