Shoes

Protect.

That's what shoes do.

I stubbed my toe twice today. Once on a chair, and once on my bed frame...I wasn't wearing shoes.

I sometimes wish I could be your shoes, and protect you from stubbing your toe, or walking onto      something sharp and harmful. I've seen your feet, and they don't look pretty. At least let me be your flip flops or sandals or something because you can't walk on that fire alone.  Wearing something on your feet will give you confidence and assurance. The confidence and assurance to walk to the places you've been longing to go. Because you've been cooped up too long, and too scared to leave your porch, and when you do, you hurt yourself immediately because you forgot your shoes. So please, lace up tight, and wiggle your toes a little, and go.

1 comments:

  1. "You can't walk on that fire alone" I love this concept. Being someone else's shoes.

    ReplyDelete