Back in the Summer.

I am sorry.

I am sorry that I lied after you told the truth.


The distant sound of the children playing on the playground behind us mixed with the sound of the stream at our feet and the breeze through the tree that stretched above us.  The sun was about to set,  and the sky started turning peach.  Everything was so calm.  We talked for hours, and although it didn't seem like I said much, my mind was racing.  I didn't know what to think.

We decided to walk.

My head and heart started speaking, and I couldn't decide which was saying what.

"You don't want to live with regrets."

"Is this something you really want?"

"You will be happier."

"You will be more melancholy."

"Be frank."

"Take a chance."

The more we were together, the more I listened to my head.  The perfect picture started becoming clearer and clearer.  But there was a tugging within me all the while.  I ignored the tugging and made myself think that it could happen.

I said yes, and leaped.



I leaped and started falling, but it wasn't me that hit the ground.

Our friendship has been so good and true.  I can rely on you, and I know that you can rely on me.  The love we share is stronger than what it would have been.  I am so sorry for what I did.  I knew the feelings you had and I wanted to match it, but I couldn't.

I care so much about you...

please forgive me?

0 comments:

Post a Comment