Quiet

My heart is clouded and confused. It used to beat with a certain joyous rhythm, but the beats have become unsteady. I'm just waiting for it to get back to its normal tempo like it always does, but it hasn't yet. You need to help me to remember to breathe, slowly and steadily. I just get scared so easily, and it makes me feel like my heart is jumping out of my chest. I need you. I need to have someone to be open with and feel safe with. I need to start over, and I want you there with me. I don't feel lonely, or at least I shouldn't feel lonely. I need to achieve my balance again, but it's quite hard with my eyes closed.
     
I'm doing my best to open my eyes at this moment. It's a little hard because they have been shut for so long. I just need to try a little harder...

*********************************************************************************       

Wow. This world is beautiful. There are so many colors. My eyes are dripping, it's been a long time since I have looked around.

Its so warm and quiet. Not silent, but quiet. "Like the sound of a page being turned in a book, or a pause in a walk in the woods... Like the sound when you lie upside down in your bed. Just the sound of your heart in your head." -Matilda.

And the beating of my heart is steady. And I'm breathing. And the people yelling... the sounds... I can't hear them.

And I'm warm, and its quiet.


0 comments:

Post a Comment