Grandpa John

An amazing person passed away yesterday, my Grandpa.  He was a spectacular and fascinating man.  He accomplished so much during his life.  Although it was tough losing him, the last moments in the hospital with him and all my family will be something I will never forget.  It was stunning how much love there was in the room.  A couple hours before he passed, all of my aunts and uncles went around telling a simple memory of him.  I was able to learn so much about him and his accomplishments, his personality, his younger life, and so much more.  We were all laughing as we remembered funny things.  We decided that we would sing a few songs.  The feeling in the room was felt so peaceful.  It was a privilege to know this man, let alone that he was my Grandpa.  He was such a hard working man: he served in the air force during WWII.  He helped NASA with the space shuttle to the moon.  He also raised eight children, leaving behind a strong legacy.  I am honored that I could be named after him.  Love ya Grandpa!

0 comments:

Post a Comment