What am I...

What I see...
        I see the beautiful sunset. It's orange and pink. The sky above me is a lovely blue, and behind me, it's a delicious purple sprinkled with twinkling lights. Cars are driving past me, and the lights flash on me for a split second making me feel very exposed.

What I hear...
        I hear crickets, which make me very happy. I also hear the sprinklers in people's yards, which also makes me happy. I hear some loud voices a few houses over, which is kind of weird. I can hear the cars on the highway just outside the neighborhood. Overall, it's a quiet sort of sound.

What I smell...
        I smell Summer. Words can not describe how happy this makes me. It just smells so clear and fresh. I love filling in my lungs full of the wondrous scent. I hope it's doing good for my lungs.

What I remember...
        I remember my childhood. Looking at the different houses and the different winding roads, I'm reminded of my fights, my quarrels, but also my fun. Just across the street, there lives a kid the same age as me. We used to be best friends when I moved here, but we haven't talked since seventh grade. This makes me sad, but I don't regret knowing him, because it's what I needed at that time. I remember when I used to ride my bike every single day of the Summer, and all I wanted to do was play.

What I feel...
        I feel peace. Which is a big difference from just a few hours ago. I'm outside in my favorite time of day, in my favorite time of year. Nothing can beat a sunset on a Summer night. I really do feel peaceful right now. I don't know if it's because of what I am seeing, or hearing, or smelling, or the fact that I'm not really doing anything right now, but I love this feeling. I haven't had a moment like this in a long time, I need to have more of them.

Who I am...
        My name is Jack Hoffer, I know why I'm here, I know what I'm supposed to do, and I know where I am going. Hard decisions will need to be made, but I will have help. I am peaceful, I am strong, and I can find people that will help me the most.

        The sunset is now gone, leaving just a hazy light blue. I feel cold, and the smell is less bright...But I am still peaceful. Just because the sunset leaves, it doesn't mean the peace has to leave too. Just learn to be a peaceful person, take time for yourself, and try to find it. No matter what you want in life, you can achieve it. And I promise that if you really want peace, all you have to do is look, and you will find it.


















Always remember, never forget.

0 comments:

Post a Comment