life is but a dream

          I used to think that time was important. I thought I needed to hold on to the future, and nothing else. Then you walked in, and time slowed down. But then you left, and time sped up again, and all this time has passed and I can't stop thinking about time, and the way that it always moves. I don't want to have to think about time because I already have enough on my calendar.
          I love you, I have always loved you, and I am willing to love you forever. Time doesn't matter when love is involved. Nights will extend for lifetimes, and the moon will shine full all the while. It will always be Fall, with the fire and the blankets and the warm drinks.
          But right now, you are gone, and time is as fast as a roadrunner, and the sun is shining bright. It is way too hot, and you are making me run way too fast, and I think I am going to pass out. But maybe if I catch up with time, I'll catch up with you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment